Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years
13500761

tingling in the cheekbones and sensation of weakness and of

tingling in the cheekbones and sensation of weakness and of being scared
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info

How long have you had these symptoms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It lasted about 20 minutes. I also had the urge to have a bowel movement. I felt just weak. Now I am recovering. I have thought that I might have insure my neck several weeks ago from doing the Curves workout three times a week for about 5 weeks because I would have these weird tingling sensations off and on. It has beena couple weeks when they come and go like this. I can be fine for several days and then I get one of these attacks.
And this has been going on over a course of 5 weeks?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, it started after about a month of working out at Curves. It has been a couple weeks off and on. I have tried acupuncture and chiropractic as well. I was outside working on trimming my tall grasses about an hour or so before this episode. Came and and felt fine, so was working in my kitchen when I felt it start coming on.
What did your primary care physician diagnosE?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She said I might have Atypical Facial Pain or trigeminal neuralgia.
You seem to be suffering from paralysis.
Paralysis is the loss of muscle movement in the body. Our sense of movement is controlled by communication between the sensory nerves (which are part of the peripheral nervous system) and the central nervous system (comprised of the brain and spinal cord). Disruption of communication of nerve impulses anywhere along the pathway from the brain to the muscles can impair control of muscle movement and cause muscle weakness and loss of coordination. Muscle weakness can progress to paralysis, loss of the ability to move the muscles.
Paralysis of the muscles of the face, arm, and leg on one side of the body is called hemiplegia ("hemi" means "half") and usually results from damage to the opposite side of the brain

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What can I do about it?
First, schedule an appt with your primary care physician to discuss paralysis. Treatment will depend upon the cause of partial paralysis, and might include physical therapy, occupational therapy, surgery, prescription medications, or a combination of the above
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much. I will go see her.
Best of luck to you.
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience: 1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years
Please click on ACCEPT so that I get answer credit or Ask more if needed...