Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

Male, 31 years old, very fit, 65 inches, 136 lbs: Cramping

Male, 31 years old, very fit, 65 inches, 136 lbs: Cramping last 3 days with 3-4 trips to the bathroom per day. Today noticed that aside from stools there was what appeared to be shredded pieces of lettuce floating above stools. Not on antibiotics or any meds. Had 4xsandwiches, 1xcod, 1xnachos, 1xburger, 2xfries, 1xbagel, 1xdonut, 1xsalad, 2xdried fruit in last 3 days.
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info
Are you stools of normal consistency or diarrhea?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Stools are normal, look soft, but are solid. The lettuce looking stuff looked pretty much unprocessed.
You seem to be experiencing a bout of indigestion, due to the amount of your fatty food consumption. Altering your diet would most likely remedy the problem. To help prevent it in the future you should take the following steps-
  • Allowing plenty of time for meals
  • Avoiding alcohol with meals
  • Avoiding emotionally upsetting situations during meals
  • Avoiding spicy, high-fat, and greasy foods
  • Avoiding strenuous exercise right after a meal
  • Chewing food thoroughly before swallowing
  • Limiting high-fiber foods