Sure, Molly. These symptoms are most likely due to anxiety as these do not have relationship with the ANA. The reasons for gas formation can be;
1) excessive air swallowing. Anxious people swallow air when they are stressed or anxiety supervenes.
2) increased intraluminal (inside the intestine) production from mal absorbed (improperly absorbed) nutrients,
3) decreased gas absorption due to some pathological condition of intestines like diverticulitis
4) expansion of intestinal gas due to changes in atmospheric pressure
A solitary reason or combination can be responsible for the excessive gas.
Following may help you;
2) This may help;
a) Bismuth subsalicylate
b) Activated charcoal
c) Simethicone; (Maalox, Mylanta); Simethicone causes gas bubbles to break up.
d) Beano; contains an enzyme (alpha-galactosidase), which helps to breakdown certain complex carbohydrates.
All are available without prescription.
Avoid foods that appear to aggravate symptoms. These may include milk and dairy products, certain fruits or vegetables, whole grains, artificial sweeteners etc. But this is based on the personal observation for the aggravating food.
Anxiety can be treated by the following measures by yourself;
1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist.
2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.
4) Acupuncture and acupressure
7) Group sporting activities
8) St. John's wort
10) Valerian root.
Please do not think about the ANA report at all. There is nothing concerning.