Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

I have been having these different types of twitches in my

I have been having these different types of twitches in my neck and face. Sometimes the little cramp like twinges come with minor pain/discomfort. Ranging from like a small charlie horse cramp to just an odd little tightness. They are starting to happen more often. Most common location is along the right side of my neck up into my face/jawline. Sorta follows the vein right there. 2 other area's that they have been just a little discomfort or tightening is along my jawline heading toward my mouth/lips area on both sides. My question is what might be causing these, or is this something I need to seek real medical care or is it just something that happens from time to time. They have been doing this for about 2 months off and on but have increased in frequency in the last 3 weeks or so.
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info

How often do you feel the twitching sensation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It started out just happening maybe once or twice a week, but lately since it has started tightening in my jawline heading toward my mouth/lips area it has started to happen at least once or twice a day for last week or so.

It just becomes like a tightening of the muscle. Just going about a normal day or activities and I can feel the muscle sort of tight up like a little cramp of sorts. It doesn't spasm it just tightens up for a couple seconds to sometimes the sensation and annoyance that will last a couple minutes.

You should see a neurologist right away. There are some serious conditions that are associated with the symptoms you have described. Meningitis and Torticollis can cause this type of muscle reaction. It is important that you rule these out.