Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

Im female and suffering from an outbreak of HSV2. The other

I'm female and suffering from an outbreak of HSV2. The other blisters are healing but I have a blister on my urethra, and I'm dreading going to pee. Is there anything I can do to make it less painful?

Thank- you
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

Try placing hot packs/ a heating pad on the blister or surrounding area. This will cause the tissue to soften and the fluid to drain. It will eliminate most of the pain during urination.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hello. Thank-you for quick response. I don't have a heated pad. Is it ok to microwave a damp flannel in the microwave? I don't know what else I can use.
Soak a washcloth in hot water from the faucet, and then apply it to the painful area. A damp flannel would probably work as well!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Again, thanks for quick response (I've got to wait over 2 hrs for my GP to call me.) Unfortunately the advice did not help- still a lot of searing pain.
A warm compress would definitely be helpful. Try filling a ziploc bag with hot water and applying that to the area for 5 minute periods.