Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

I have had diarrhea for two weeks now and occasional bouts

I have had diarrhea for two weeks now and occasional bouts of nausea/throwing up. I had my period this week so I am pretty sure I'm not pregnant. I have passed out three times. I thought this was just a bug that's going around, but I'm worried it's not. So far, the results I've uncovered think I have gastroenteritis, possibly viral. Should I go to a dr?
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

You should definitely consult a physician for your symptoms. You would want to rule out a more serious condition like colitis.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What does that entail?
Colitis is swelling (inflammation) of the large intestine (colon).

Symptoms can include:

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What do you think it sounds like?
I think it is more serious than gastroenteritis. I think it is some form of collitis. It is very alarming that you have fainted. You should consult a doctor asap.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am currently out of town. Do I need to go to urgent care or the er? I am flying home tomorrow am.
You should go to the emergency room right away. Do not risk flying with these issues.