Following comprehensive measures would be helpful for the present symptoms;
1) Back care in the activities of daily living, which is an integral component of the treatment of back problems. Back education is one of the most important thing which teaches the basic body mechanics, like correct posture for standing, standing at a desk or drawing board, sitting, brushing teeth, washing the face, pushing and pulling a weight, lifting a weight, getting in and out of bed, sleeping, getting into and sitting in a car. The training for these routine activity helps in preventing the spasm of the muscles. One needs to consult an occupational therapist or physical therapist which can educate about the proper and improper behaviors when back is painful in case they have to sit, bend forward, lie down, walk, cough, or sneeze. Following more need to be done:
a) Avoid activities which increases the pain.
b) Rest intermittently
c) Avoid bending at 90 degrees
d) Pushing and pulling should be avoided till pain subsides
f) Avoid prolonged sitting and standing
g) Avoid sitting or sleeping on floor
2) Anti-inflammatory analgesics like ibuprofen, other analgesics and muscle relaxants
3) Local analgesic gels or sprays / ointment
4) Hot fomentation
5) Electrotherapy like trans cutaneous electrical nerve stimulation: done by physical therapist. Other thing are ice packs, heating pads, electrical stimulation, phonophoresis, iontophoresis, relaxation, and biofeedback.
6) Good supervised physiotherapy: The exercises consist of abdominal bracing, modified sit-ups, double-knee-to-chest or low back stretches, seat lifts, mountain and sag exercises, knee-to-elbow exercises, hamstring stretches, extension exercises, and extension flexibility exercises. Swimming exercises (pool exercises) are best for back pain. Initial stretching and later strengthening exercises are taught.
7) Lumbosacral corset or support or brace
8) If obese or over weight, reduce weight for long term benefit.
9) Epidural steroid shots
1) Straight leg raising: Lie on the bed with your back and remain in a relaxed position. Slowly raise one of your legs upward and keep it as straight as possible. Count up to ten, and slowly bring down the leg. Do the same with the other leg. Repeat this exercise ten times.
2) Curl ups; lie on the back with knees bent, fold arms across the chest, tilt the pelvis to flatten the back, and curl-up lifting the head and shoulders from the bed / couch. Hold for ten seconds, then slowly lower to starting position. As strength builds, aim to complete one sets of ten curls. The exercise should be done twice a day (both the sets).
This is a slide show for the exercises (you can pick up your own set, which suits you);
You can consult following specialists (apart from your GP);
b) MD in Physical medicine and rehabilitation
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Sorry to bother you again doctor, but should I fallow up with the chiropractor? , is that a step I should be taking even though I can't even walk ? because my back still not ok or i should wait for my leg to heal?
Sorry to bother you again doctor, but should I fallow up with the chiropractor? , is that a step I should be taking even though I can't even walk ? because my back still not ok or iI should wait for my leg to heal?and I thing I do have a pinched nerve on my back because I feel like if someone was pushing with there fingers against myback also when my back posture is wrong the pain increases, this happened a day that I went to the beach and laid on the sand with no towel that's how everything started off, but please let me know if I should follow up with chiropractor thank you, XXXXX XXXXX same message but couldn't finish it,,,,,,,,,have a great night doctor i was really worried and didnt know where to go ,im going to give you a great rating thank you.