Your symtoms are suggestive of spondyloarthropathy like ankylosing spondylitis. A blood test called as HLA B27 and MRI of back can diagnose the issue. Crawling and pain on scalp can be due to neuropathy which can be associated with spondyloarthropathy. Following are the causes of neuropathy (many times cause is not known);
2) An underactive thyroid gland
3) Excessive use of alcohol
4) Thiamine deficiency
5) Vitamin B 12 deficiency (pernicious anemia)
6) Vitamin B 6 (pyridoxine) taken in excessive amounts
7) Drugs, medications, herbs
8) Autoimmune diseases
9) Heavy metals such as lead and mercury.
Following investigations are done for ascertaining the cause of neuropathy;
1) Electromyography/nerve conduction studies (EMG/NCS)
2) MRI of the spine and brain
3) blood glucose and glycosylated hemoglobin
4) serum B12 level with methylmalonic acid (with or without homocysteine),
5) serum protein electrophoresis
6) Anti-nuclear antibody
7) Lyme testing
8) Rheumatoid factor
9) Sjogren's syndrome testing (Anti-Ro, Anti-La Antibodies)
This should give the diagnosis and guidelines for the management.
Supplements and alternative integrative therapy protocols are;
1) Evening primrose oil
3) Alpha-lipoic acid
4) Benfotiamine (Milgamma), 100 mg, is a lipid-soluble vitamin B1 analogue
5) Vitamin E
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."
Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.