Nurse72
Nurse72, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN 20 years in health care. Available to answer your health questions

i was watching this show and they showed this person that was

Customer Question

i was watching this show and they showed this person that was stuttering badly they did something to his brain and that instant he stop.. so my queastion can they do the same with mental disabilities ( such as make a slow person function better through operaitng the brain???
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse72 replied 1 year ago.

Nurse72 : The stuttering is caused by a misconnection of certain pathways in the brain. Researchers have discovered ways to bypass or reconnect this pathway. Unfortunately a mentally handicap person has a much different problem with development in the brain. Their arent any procedures available for this type of disability.
Expert:  Nurse72 replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none at all
Expert:  Nurse72 replied 1 year ago.
No surgical procedures for developmental delay or syndromes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

y not

Expert:  Nurse72 replied 1 year ago.
The problem with the brain of a developmentally handicap person is a much different kind of problem. It occurs from the time the brain is developing as a fetus or from damage caused to the brain tissue from trauma. Their is much still not understood about the way the brain functions but their is no known procedure to repair developmental delay or brain damage. This is a problem with the brain tissue itself and unrelated to the pathways of the brain like stuttering is
Expert:  Nurse72 replied 1 year ago.
Developmental delay or mental retardation is usually caused by a underdeveloped brain.
Expert:  Nurse72 replied 1 year ago.
Can I answer another question or clarify anything for you?