Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

Hi, First off, I know Anabolic steroids have many potential

First off, I know Anabolic steroids have many potential side effects. The one I am most concerned about is High blood pressure. If I was to take Testosterone Sustanon 250 for 12 weeks would a beta blocker like Atenolol help keep my blood pressure safe while on cycle figuring that i'd start the beta blocker a few weeks before and tapper off a few weeks after I was finished.
You are correct steroids do have the potential to raise your blood pressure while you are taking them. However, you must keep in mind that not all side effects occur in every person, the effects of medicines vary from person to person. If you are indeed going to take testosterone, I recommend that you do so with close follow up with your doctor. I recommend testing your blood pressure and only if you have a moderate to severe increase in your blood pressure to use medications to help. Further, the dose of medication will vary depending on how your blood pressure responds. Atenolol although used for blood pressure control is not first line. Often, if medication is the cause of the BP and this is short term, medication to control it is not required. So please follow closely with your doctor.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask,
Regards