Nurse Susan
Nurse Susan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, BSN, MSN-ED, Nurse Educator whose passion is helping people understand their health and wellness

I was precrisbed Adderoll by my Doctor approximatley 2 years

I was precrisbed Adderoll by my Doctor approximatley 2 years ago (20mg per day). How long does Adderoll stay in the system? I have accepted a new job and will be required to take a drug test. Not sure if urine or blood test.
Hello Isoileau,

I hope I can ease your mind here. If you are taking Adderal as prescribed by your doctor, while yes, it will show up on a drug test as amphetamine/ methamphetamine, the resultant positive will make an automatic inquiry as to WHY it was positive. It will also prompt a much more sensitive test to detect the TYPE of methamphetamine/ amphetamine.

The medical side of the investigation will ask if you have a prescription for this, (they will ask for proof of this) and they will see that the medicine is approved by your doctor, and that positive will be viewed as a negative, because it is something you are allowed to be taking on the advice of your physician.

None of this applies though if your prescription is not current and valid.

If you are are asking about a drug you took and stopped taking over two years ago, it has been out of your system for a long time.
According to this web site from the FDA, the detection time after this class of drugs (methamphetamine/ amphetamines) are taken is only two or three days; for chronic users it is a little longer (maybe a week).

I hope that helps,