Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My nine week old seems to eating a lot less for her night time

My nine week old seems to eating a lot less for her night time feed then before. I usually breast feed her but the last few times that I gave her a bottle (either breast milk or formula if I was supplementing) she'll only take about 2oz.
Thank you for your question.

When was she last seen by a doctor?

Was this a sudden change?

Is she otherwise acting normal; active, alert etc?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She was last seen by her dr. On June 22nd and she weighed 11.13 pounds at that time
What was her birth weight?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
8.5 lbs
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She is otherwise very active and happy with lots of energy
At this point, your daughter seems to be gaining weight normally, and as long as she is acting normal and gaining weight, most physicians would not be particularly worried about a change in feeding pattern.

If she were my patient and you had called my office with this concern, I would suggest having you come into the office once a week for the next several weeks for a weight check to be sure that she was continuing to gain weight.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Should I be worried that her wet diapers aren't as heavy as they were earlier or is this normal? When I changed her diapers before her wet ones were VERY heavy. She still has the same number of pees and poos but the wet diapers are definitely lighter over the last week
The urine output (weight of the wet diapers) would depend on the amount of fluid intake (formula and breast milk). If there is a dramatic decline in urine output, I would definitely have her checked.