Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I am light headed and I am having trouble focusing on objects.

I am light headed and I am having trouble focusing on objects. My blood pressure is elevated, what could this mean?
How long has this been going on and what is your blood pressure and pulse right now? Your other medical conditions and medications?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My blood pressure is 161/89, pulse is 72, its been a few days now. I take Metoporol, 25 mg once a day and Enjuvia 1.25 mg and zoloft 50 once a day
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,My blood pressure is 161/89, pulse is 72, its been a few days now. I take Metoporol, 25 mg once a day and Enjuvia 1.25 mg and zoloft 50 once a day
What exactly do you mean by light headed and are you having any headaches or balance problems?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My head feels like its full of fluid and yes some balance problems, mostly the fact that I cant focus very well
OK. First off, obviously you need to let your doctor know about this right away. You could be having an inner ear problem as with labyrinthitis or perhaps a sinus infection with these symptoms, but I'm concerned that something more serious as in a transient ischemic attack--a potential stroke--or perhaps a leaking aneurysm in your brain is the cause here. You need an exam and an MRI of the brain to get at the cause here.