Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have had five bumps on my penis, one at the left side of

I have had five bumps on my penis, one at the left side of the head, one on the same side of the shaft(they are now almost gone) one on my testicle, and one on the top of my penis (which has some sort of crust on it,and sometimes it looks like there is some pus in it). They appeared about 2 weeks ago. I went to see my physician and she said it is HPV, but they do not look anything like it.My body has itched severly over the last past month for no reason. My doctor prescribed me a cream called "Locoid" but it dosent seem to work, any idea what it could be I am so stressed out because of it.

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

It sounds that you are in a position in which you should sek a second opinion from a urologist.

Anthony Bray MD :

Of course HPV causes genital warts.

Customer:

in case it is HPV what should i do to get the warts to go away

Anthony Bray MD :

Since you beieve that the diagnosis is wrong then I would advise that you seek a second opinion to either confirmand reassure you that you have genital warts OR to evaluate the lesions and perhaps arrive at a different diagnosis.

Customer:

hm ok thank you very much..could i send you a pic

Customer:

so you can have a look

Anthony Bray MD :

There are different treatments available for genital warts. My preference for this problem would be to treat them with liquid nitrogen.

Anthony Bray MD :

Yes that would be fine if you are able to post a pic then I will be happy to take a look....

Customer:

Hopefully you can shed some light on what this is or looks like, and what precaution i must take in order to achieve recovery as soon as possible. thank you

Hi--you mentioned a photo--can you paste it on this page or on either imageshack or photobucket and give me the link?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o541/mobillz/ hi this is the link ...thank you
Got it--not at all like HPV genital warts. These look like molluscum contagiosa--a different virus, not an STD and these are often seen in kids. These usually disappear with time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much for your time.....i will still get a 2nd opinion but how long will it take for them to dissapear, any precautions i must take in order to get rid of them.Is it safe for me to have sex. I have bought some "bitter lemon" as i have read that it is good for skin and clenas out the blood if one drinks it in juice form. As you may deduct i ma really worried because this thing has been there now for two weeks and i have been puttin this cream called "Locoid" on it two times a day,and it seems to not have helped that much. i woudl appreciate any tips or advices concerning this. Thank you again
I suggest calendula cream and since these can be contagious while they are there, you should abstain from sex until they are gone. Usually that takes up to six weeks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry for the late reply, as mentioned earlier I've been having some network trouble. I live in norway and I couldnt find any creams here consisting of the earlier mentioned ingreadient,only thing I found was this http://www.apotek1.no/produkter/dr-greve-pharma-allroundkrem-75ml-954202p it says that it has calendula officinalis, keeping it mind that the skin down below is usually very sensetive I dont know if this would cause more damage or is this the right thing for my problem. Thank you
Looked at that product--that will be fine.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much sir, unfortunately the company has stopped the production of this cream, but all in all very thankful for your help, excellent service sir.
You're very welcome