Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I have taken Celebrex for a week. I have broken out with a

I have taken Celebrex for a week. I have broken out with a severe rash on legs, arms, back, and chest.

I am also taking Paxil, Wellbutrin, cardizem CD, Losartan Potassium, Crestor, Lovothyroxine, Lyrica, Bayer Aspirin, fish oil and CoQ10.

Where are the probable adverse reactions coming from and what do I do?

Can you describe the rash for me and does it itch? How soon after you started the Celebrex did the rash appear?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The rash is more like welts. Irregular shaped, dark pink. On my back it looks like a web of connected welts.

There is little itch. It appeared about 1 1/2 weeks after starting Celebrex.
OK--any allergies that you know of? Any new detergents, soaps, foods, etc.?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No allergies that I know of.

Nothing new entered into my environment that I know of
I'm sorry just to be clear--when did you start the Celebrex exactly, when did the rash appear exactly, and are you still taking the Celebrex?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I began Celebrex June 19th. The rash first began to appear on my legs during the evening of Friday, June 29th.

I have stopped taking Celebrex.
OK. While this could be an allergic reaction to the Celebrex, I would expect something like that to begin within 24 to 36 hours after you began taking it. This does, however, sound like urticaria--hives, and therefore an allergic reaction, but oftentimes a particular reason for it isn't found. If Benadryl didn't help, you can try Zyrtec and calendula cream topically, but at this stage I would either give you a course of oral Prednisone or a cortisone injection to clear this up.