Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Hi, Recently my left leg gets numb and heavy, like I can

Customer Question

Recently my left leg gets numb and heavy, like I can not walk proparly and I have to drag it while walkling. this feeling used to get worst after running. I have had some pain in my back as well. but I didn`t took it seriouse before becuase it used to come and go. Now it is 3 days that same thing happened to my right leg I can not walk properly at all it feels like I am getting paralized and I am so panicing since it doesn`t go away.

I have no idea what is happening to me and I have my wedding in one week and my situation is getting worst. Please help me

//Azzie
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 4 years ago.
As you have lower back pain,numbness in legs so there may be possibility of Lumbar radiculopathy (the compression of lumbar nerves L4 or L5 or sacral nerves).
You need to undergo X-ray/MRI of Lumbosacral spine to rule out the possible cause.
The line of treatment may include
Rest
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen.
Physical therapy like deep heat ,traction,interferential therapy.
Continue to do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and apply warm compresses on affected area.
Even take some Vitamin B complex supplement.
I suggest you to consult your nearby Orthopedist for further evaluation and management.
I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.