Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Doxycycline is being used and I now have itchiness and redness

Doxycycline is being used and I now have itchiness and redness around the glans of my penis.....any thoughts?

It is in all likelihood an allergic reaction to the Doxycycline. It is not common to get the itchiness and welts just around glans in isolation, but this can happen. You should stop the Doxy and take Benadryl.

Considering the other possibilities; like STD; this may have far less chance as;

1) STD are uncommon to present with itching and welts.
2) There is a cause and effect relationship; the symptoms started after the Doxy. If these stop, with cessation of the medicine; would confirm the cause.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. Please note you are rating my help and not the web site or the solution; only my help. If you feel the need to rate negatively, please stop and reply to me via the Reply To Expert or Continue Conversation button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,