Nurse72
Nurse72, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN 20 years in health care. Available to answer your health questions
62535071

thank you for your input about septoplasty - it is reasuri

Customer Question

thank you for your input about septoplasty - it is reasuring
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse72 replied 2 years ago.

Nurse72 :

Nurse72 :

Youre welcome

Nurse72 :

did you have further questions?

Nurse72 :

The doctor was not pleased that I interrupted his consult and I normally would not but I felt it necessary to reassure you

Nurse72 :

When is your surgery scheduled?

Nurse72 :

Are you able to respond in the chat format?

Nurse72 :

I will switch to the Q&A format in case you are having trouble.

Expert:  Nurse72 replied 2 years ago.
Please respond in this format.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you - i wondered how long it took for you to be able to be working again and to breath better
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my surgery is on tuesday - day procedure but might be in overnight becasue of distance from the hospital to home
Expert:  Nurse72 replied 2 years ago.
I had the surgery on a Thursday and was back at work on Monday. I was able to breathe as soon as they took out the packing. I was advised to use afrin to control swelling in the nasal passages and used it for about a week. I was able to breathe perfectly within a couple of days. I did have significant bruising around my eyes but that was because they had to break my nose for the rhinoplasty. You may not need this.
Nurse72, Nurse (RN)
Experience: RN 20 years in health care. Available to answer your health questions
Expert:  Nurse72 replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up
With you about your surgery? How are you feeling? How did it go?

Regards
Nurse72
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi there

have had pretty bad time unfortunately. was supposed to be a day case and they did not pack the nose as thought i would not bleed. however did bleed for hours andthen had to stay in overnight. dr had to then pack nose to stop bleeding this was removed the next morning. had nasal drip for 4 days and blocked nose. have 2 splints in place, these to be removed by dr tommorrow. bit of bruising and nose painful to touch. very miserable week as unable to sniff saline up nose and breathing thru mouth with nasal drip down throat. will see what happens tommorrow. surgeon said nose very bent and higher up than they had thought. anyway hoping will improve as still blockrd up and nose bleeding again now. thank you again for your input and for remembering me.
Expert:  Nurse72 replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Please let me know if you have further questions