On Call MD
On Call MD, MD
Experience:  US Board certified Physician
60998453

Back in April, out of the blue, I started having pain in my

Customer Question

Back in April, out of the blue, I started having pain in my left groin. I walk 2 miles a day. The first time I noticed the pain I was stepping up on the curb with my left leg and it hurt in that groin. No pain when walking on flat ground. I can run or walk without pain. I am 61 years old, 5 ft 4 in and weigh 170 lbs. I am active on a daily basis. I own 2 child care facilities. I play in the floor with the kids, I chase them to tickle them, plus I walk 2 miles every evening after dinner. The discomfort has not I proved despite trying stretching exercises, massage to the area, and r.I.c.e protocol. Nothing has helped. I have enough pain to make me stop immediately when I reach that limit. I have to lay my pants on the floor to put them on my left leg. I can raise my right leg as high as I want or need to. What do I need to do?
Category: Health
Expert:  On Call MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello
It is my pleasure to help you today
this can be caused by several causes however from your description I suspect it may be due to hernia in that area that may be causing that especially if you play with kids all day and most probably lifting them up a lot and putting tension on your body
a physical exam is a must in this case to rule it out
some other causes that may produce such pain may include muscle strain,or it could be referred from your hip,lower spine ,pelvis or reproductive organs

Hope you get better soon

Any questions let me know
if I was able to help you your (EXCELLENT) rating is very important to me so I would get compensated for my time and answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have had a hernua before and this feels nothing like that felt. Would a muscle strain last for 3 months without any real change in the severity or character of the pain? I had a hysterectomy almost 31 years ago Everything was taken out. ovaries, tubes everything. What could be wrong with a hip?
it could be related to hip bursitis or hip arthritis or injury..it could also be referred pain from pinched nerve in the back..muscle strain usually do not tend to stay continuous for that long though
if it was related to hip you should be able to replicate it if you move your leg in all directions it should generate pain
if not then an MRI of the back should be done to rule out herniated disc that may be causing it

Hope you get better soon

Any questions let me know