Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

Im experiencing groin, knee and leg pain that flares up after

I'm experiencing groin, knee and leg pain that flares up after I've walked. I've always been able to walk without any pains but now within 15 minutes I begin to feel the pain. If I walk longer, raising my leg or bending, or even sitting hurt. If I'm laying down, simply moving my leg causes the pain. Yesterday after a month or so of pain on my left side, I felt for the first time some pain in my right groin area. Any ideas.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 4 years ago.
Dear customer,

did you consult a doctor yet?
did you have any investigations done?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No to both questions. The only "Odd" thing, is that I had some neck and shoulder pain about 2-3 months and they said that I might need an MRI for a cervical disk. The shoulder pain went away just as the hip/leg pain started
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 4 years ago.
Dear customer,

The llowe limb pain aggravated on walking may be due to the vascular cause.The blood supply to the limbs may be affected and not adequate and cause such pain.

You should have the venous and arterial doppler of the lower limbs done to rule out any vascular insufficiency and consult the vascular surgeon.

The other causes of pain are electrolyte imbalance, arthritis, tendonitis, etc which should also be rule out.

The treatment depends on the underlying cause.Meanwhile you may take motrin , advil to control the pain.Also if you are smoking then you should stop that as it may aggravate the pain due to vascular insufficiency.

Here is the link for more information on causes of leg pain

causes of leg pain

Let me know if you need any more information

Thank you