Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

My daughter has a small lump Its in the crease of her leg

My daughter has a small lump It's in the crease of her leg at the top inner thigh. Is this a lymph node area?
Optional Information:
Person's Gender: Female
Person's Age: 15

Edit Price

Is it groin area?
What is the size of the lump?
Is it painful, tender, can be moved all around, soft / hard?
Has she any symptoms?
Does it increase on coughing?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is right at the panty line inside of the leg but in the crease of the leg. Small and pain...she has no other symptoms. She does get folliculitis on her inner thighs. I just worry because you see that it can be a sign of cancers

In her age group cancerous lumps are not much likely. This is the lymph node area and folliculitis in the inner thigh can be responsible for enlargement of this lump (lymph node). This is likely to resolve in a week or so. If it does not resolve, you primary care physician / GP can consider a course of antibiotic and if necessary may investigate it by an ultrasound etc.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. Please note you are rating my help and not the web site or the solution; only my help. If you feel the need to rate negatively, please stop and reply to me via the Reply To Expert or Continue Conversation button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I saw a post on Internet that a swollen groin lymph node can be caused by a melanoma so that scared me. She has a weird mole on her upper arm. It wouldn't cause a groin swelling would it??

A mole on the upper arm does not cause lymph node enlargement in the groin. So no cause of worry here about it.

Internet resources (which are may times not authentic and there are individuals posting on the forums) can increase unnecessary anxiety as they are not good for the individual diagnostic perspective.

It is privilege assisting you.