On Call MD
On Call MD, MD
Experience:  US Board certified Physician

I am 6 weeks pregnant. About 11 years ago I was diagnosed with

I am 6 weeks pregnant. About 11 years ago I was diagnosed with HPV and had a wart outbreak. I have not had any additional outbreaks since then. I have heard that warts can recur during pregnancy. Since its been over a decade I'm hoping it won't happen, what are the chances they will come back?
It is my pleasure to help you today
1st congratulations on your baby
in general during pregnancy your immune system may be suppressed and that may cause flare up of HPV either as warts or abnormal cells of cervix...however since you have been more than 10 years without having flare ups then the possibility of of having recurrent HPV during this pregnancy is slim
Make sure if you notice any wart growth to report it to your OB and let him know about it if it happens

I hope i answered your question

Any other questions let me know
if I was able to help you  your (EXCELLENT) rating is very important to me so I would get compensated for my time and answer