Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

how do you know when you get bite by a black widow????? I was

how do you know when you get bite by a black widow????? I was sitting outside and I looked down and there was one by my hand and I know the legs touched my hand thats how I knew it was there

Was there pain or bite mark?
Any other symptoms?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont see any bite marks and there was not really any pain at all I felt it but it did not hurt

The first symptom, usually, is acute pain at the site of the bite. So there is a chance that it may have not caused the bite. The other symptoms caused by the bite are (usually start in 20-30 minutes);

muscle cramping
abdominal pain
chest pain

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. Please note you are rating my help and not the web site or the solution; only my help. If you feel the need to rate negatively, please stop and reply to me via the Reply To Expert or Continue Conversation button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok trying to make sure I didn't get bite because I am seven months pregnant

If you did not have pain on the skin; there is a significant chance that you did not get the bite. The only other way to know about the bite are various symptoms we discussed. If you suspect the bite; you may consider going to emergency room and wait there (as you are pregnant). There are no tests or investigations to confirm it, I am afraid. If you do not get any symptoms like muscle cramp, abdominal pain, chest pain, nausea, vomiting etc in an hour; you may return to home without consulting a doctor at ER. Going to ER and watchful waiting there is just for the precautionary reason in your case (as it would save the time; to initiate the treatment, it at all there is a bite).

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun