Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

I receive 10% compensation from the VA for these hernias. I

I receive 10% compensation from the VA for these hernias. I have applied for increased compensation. Should I apply for a secondary condition for the fistula or the testicula? Either or both? Do I have a leg to stand on?
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Actually since you are having increased problems, I would definitely say that you need to request additional compensation from the VA, 10 percent is usually the minimum and you might be able to get more.'
So, you have nothing to lose by asking for increased compensation.

I hope this helps
Please, if you have more questions, please ask

Please click on a Positive rating such as EXCELLENT Service (Smile faces) - please do not click on a negative rating (the bottom 2 ratings - this will hurt me).

And, please if you have more questions, please ask – just click on Reply
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I have applied for increased compensation based on both hernias coming back, But the additional items I asked you about might fall under a secondary condition caused by the initial hernias so should I also apply for one or both?
Well knowing the VA and how efficient it is - I would apply for all that you can apply for - and even if they reject it the first time, reapply - because I know many people who get compensation even after 2 or 3 times by applying.