Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I tested positive on my pregnancy test but Ive been bleeding

Customer Question

I tested positive on my pregnancy test but I've been bleeding for two days and my period is due tomorrow its not that heavy plus the positive test was kinda faded. What's going on?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Just to be clear, when was your last period?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
June 1st.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--that puts you in the right time frame, and It may be that the reason for the test seeming a bit faded is because at most you would be two weeks after conception, and that's the point where the test can first be positive. I suggest you test again in a few days whether or not you get your regular period and if it is still positive, then you would be pregnant. This could be implantation bleeding or it could just be a flux in hormones.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok I test yesterday, should I test tomorrow?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That would be fine--if it's obviously positive, you have your answer.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've been bleeding light for 5 days Its been real light red but dark brown like old blood. I haven't took my test but i'm going to take it later on today. How long does implantation bleeding really lasts?i'm kinda scared!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand and implantation bleeding doesn't usually last that long. Potentially, this could just be a hormone flux problem and that can be from thyroid conditions or something call polycystic ovarian syndrome. Retake the test, but you should also see a gynecologist for this no matter the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
someone told me it can last up to a week.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Anything's possible, but usually it lasts no more than a regular period and often a few days less.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok. So is it a chance I can still be pregnant?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--a chance, but I don't think it's very likely.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just took a ouvlation test and the control line is dark and the test line is kinda faint. What does that mean?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Which test exactly did you use and what color is the line?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ovulation predictor and there both pink. The control line is darker than the test line, the test line is faint.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Ovulation predictor and not a pregnancy test?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a way to get the pregnancy test rightnow! Your not being very helpful at all. Im trying to find out why is it a faint line on the ovulation test?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, but you're using the wrong test. The line means you're ovulating and not that you're pregnant.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I took a test yesterday afternoon and it came back negative. I stopped bleeding right after I took the test and it lasted for 6days. My period came two days early and I was wonder if you had any suggestions?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--any recent stress in your life? Have you recently taken up exercising?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
To both?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes and I've been having lower back pains for a few days, it got wroser yesterday. I had a sys removed before I had my one year old son and I haven't felt like this in a minute.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry--didn't quite understand all that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'VE ALSO BEEN HAVING LOWER BACK PAINS FOR A FEW DAYS AND IT HAS GOTTEN WORSER TODAY WHERE I HAD TEARS IN MY EYES. I HAD A OVERIE REMOVED BEFORE I HAD MY ONE YEAR OLD SON AND I'M EXPERIENCING THE SAME THING.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--stress, exercise, polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid problems--as I said before, any of those can affect periods. The best thing to do is see a gynecologist to see exactly what's going on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am now having a lot of abdominal pain and lower back pain. My breast are sore and I have a high sensetive smell. I aslo have been having headaches and spitting a lot.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Where is the abdominal pain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In my abdominal area ... I still think i'm pregnant and it could of been a false negative because I was drinking a lot of fluids before I took the 2nd test....