Nurse Susan
Nurse Susan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, BSN, MSN-ED, Nurse Educator whose passion is helping people understand their health and wellness
5707095

Hello,Ive been having some eye issues with some ghosting,

Customer Question

I've been having some eye issues with some ghosting, almost double imaging, on text which is either bright or in high contrast areas such as white text or light text on a black background. The symptoms get better generally as the day goes on but it never fully goes away (when I wake up it's the worst).

I also have a similar issue staring directly at a car light...it seems to almost streak a bit.

I've been checked by a neurologist and they have indicated I have no neurological symptoms, I've had a head/neck CT scan and nothing showed (with contrast dye).

I also had an eye doctor check me out at the hospital and he indicated my eyes are perfectly healthy. Not sure where to go from here but it's really annoying.
Category: Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still waiting :)

Thank you. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly. Please do not respond to this as it will prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. Thank you.

Expert:  Nurse72 replied 2 years ago.
Hello, thanks for your question. Have you ever had any surgical procedures on the eye?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

No I've never had any eye procedures relating to my eyes.
Expert:  Nurse72 replied 2 years ago.
What kind of doctor is examining your eyes? A specialist?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've had them looked at by an Ophthalmologist; but they weren't able to find anything. The health of the eyes themselves is great base don the tests they did.
Expert:  Nurse72 replied 2 years ago.
I'm stumped! I'll opt out and let another expert help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you know how I put it back into the queue for an answer? Thanks for the attempt :)
Expert:  Nurse72 replied 2 years ago.
I've already done that for you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh thanks!
Expert:  Nurse Susan replied 2 years ago.
Hello JACustomer,

I hope I can help you out here. Online no one can state with certainty what may be; all we can do is offer a good educated guess as to what it might be possibly. I understand you have been to neurologists and eye doctors, and have had CT scan of the brain to see if there is any problems there. However, what I can suggest that you seem to have not done is to see an neuro-optometrist. Many professionals are not even aware that this extreme sub specialty even exists, and what they do is to test and examine the neurological connections between the eyes and the brain to see if there is a problem there. After assessment and an exam, its possible a program of vision therapy may help you.

Here is the web site of SUNY Optometry, they are based in Manhattan, NY, and they are one of the best places for vision therapy and opto-neurology. I realize you are in Canada, but they may be able to refer you to someone. http://www.sunyopt.edu/uec/eyecare_for_adults/vision_therapy

Neuro-optometrists differ from neuro opthamologists because the neuro optometrist focuses on the way the eye sees, and moves, and its nerve connections between eye and brain. I was seen by a neuro-optometrist myself for a vision related issue. Examples of tests I had were tests to see how my eyes processed the visual impulse, and how my eyes moved, and if the abnormal movements were neurologically caused. I am in visual therapy because of a very odd form of vertigo which is visually mediated.

In many studies of many visual problems, vision therapy has proven to be useful. Its been used effectively with Traumatic Brain Injury, Strabismus, Vertigo, and many other disorders.

I hope I was able to help,
Sincerely,
Susan
Nurse Susan, Nurse (RN)
Experience: RN, BSN, MSN-ED, Nurse Educator whose passion is helping people understand their health and wellness