Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

ssris vs remron in ptsd

ssris vs remron in ptsd
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer Health.

Remeron is a very sedating anti-depressant at least when initially taken, so it is often prescribed for individuals with depression and anxiety that have difficulty sleeping at night.

Individuals with PTSD often have difficulty sleeping, so this makes Remeron a very good choice for individuals with PTSD.

A major side of Remeron can be weight fluctuations. In other words, Remeron may increase your appetite. If you are aware of this in advance you can monitor your caloric intake for changes, so as not to gain excess weight, if this is even an issue for you.

Please reply if you have any more questions about this subject.

Also, please understand our rating system:

My aim is to get a rating of 5 (Great service) for every question. IF you need more information, just reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button. I'll be happy to continue further to do everything I can to provide you with great service.