Nurse Susan
Nurse Susan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, BSN, MSN-ED, Nurse Educator whose passion is helping people understand their health and wellness

I am 58, male, and have been using crestor, 5mg, for high cholesterol

I am 58, male, and have been using crestor, 5mg, for high cholesterol for the past 4 years. I lost my job, and medical coverage and cannot afford the annual $1000+ tests my doctor runs me through each year for this drug. This is the only drug I use and have no other issues. I need an on line prescription, can I get one?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Susan replied 4 years ago.
Hello JACustomer,

I am sorry to tell you this, but no valid or ethical health care provider would prescribe over the Internet; Just Answer is an information only based web site. The reason providers would not prescribe without an in person exam is that without the exam, there really is no way to know everything that is happening with the patient. And there is no way to establish a patient-provider relationship; working TOGETHER with your provider gives him/her the best probability for helping you obtain effective and safe medication.

I'm sure you've seen or heard of online narcotics or other prescription sales...these web sites operate illegally and you can go to jail for buying without a valid prescription. To add insult to injury, studies show the drugs advertised are often NOT good quality and NOT even the medicine they claim to be.

Here is a website regarding the dangers of online and illegal narcotics sale:
And from the FDA:

I understand that your doctor charges you allot of money for blood testing with the Crestor...thats to make sure the liver enzymes are OK. The few rare legal online pharmacies that will accept a prescription from your own doctor likely wont help you as your doctor will want you to get blood testing and maybe wont write you a prescription unless you agree to it.

As you lack the funds for the testing...and it is expensive... there are low cost clinics that you can go to: XXXXX XXXXX a web page to help find them. and and

I hope I was able to help,

Sincerely, Susan