Nurse Susan
Nurse Susan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, BSN, MSN-ED, Nurse Educator whose passion is helping people understand their health and wellness

why does pregnant women throw out?

why does pregnant women throw out?
Hello JACustomer,

I would like to try and help but I am a little confused by your question. What do you mean by "why does pregnant women throw out"? Throwing away thing? Vomiting?
Thanks for clarifying,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I mean vomiting
Hello JACustomer,

Thank you for clearing that up...I thought that was what you may have meant but was not quite sure.

It is believed that morning sickness and the nausea and vomiting associated with it is caused by the changing hormones that occur when a woman is pregnant. Pregnancy causes changes in levels of hormones, and the main culprit might be a hormone called human chorionic gondotropin, which is made by the placenta to help keep it healthy and feeding the developing child. Changing levels of estrogen is thought to play a role as well.

Pregnant women are also more sensitive to smell and taste, which could be a adaptive / evolutionary mechanism to protect them from spoiled or rotten food.

People who are pregnant with twins tend to have more nausea (higher levels of hormones) as well as those who had morning sickness with previous pregnancies and , migraine headaches.

Here are two references for further reading:

I hope I was able to help,