Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My leg is leaking fluid through my skin. It is leaking very

My leg is leaking fluid through my skin. It is leaking very slow. It is a clear yellow liquid. I have psoriasis but have not taken anything for that in a while. I am taking blood pressure pills, water pills and thryoid pills. Any ideas.
Thank you for your question:

When did you first notice this fluid leakage?

Any pain?

Any redness or increase in skin temperature (warm to touch)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This just started today. There is no pain or incease in skin temperature. My ankles are swollen and yes, I do have redness. I also have psoriasis which is probably why my legs are red. My psoriasis is pretty active right now.
Thank you - that additional information helps.

Swelling and fluid leakage can be can be one of the early signs of an infection OR it could be caused by excessive fluid retention.

In either case, early treatment can reduce the risk of complications such as a more serious infection that would require hospitalization for IV antibiotics.

I would suggest contacting your physician TODAY or alternatively go to the ER or an urgent care clinic for an examination TODAY.
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
To reduce the swelling you need to elevate your feet above your heart. Excessive swelling can cause legs to "weep". Also place an ace wrap from below your toes to the knees; moderate compression. If the area becomes redder warm to touch it may be cellulitis which will require oral antibiotics. Also limit your sodium intake.

Please ACCEPT my answer and leave some GOOD feedback.