Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
The investigations done are;
1) platelet count,
2) bleeding time (BT),
3) prothrombin time (PT),
4) activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT),
5) thrombin time (TT)
6) peripheral blood smear,
7) platelet aggregation in response to ADP, epinephrine, collagen, and ristocetin;
8) platelet release assays,
9) coagulation factor assays,
10) assessment of factor XIII activity via clot solubility testing
11) Tests of fibrinolysis; measurement of fibrin split products and D-dimer levels.
Your PCP can get them done. An initial screening can be done by the first 5 or 6 tests which would give very definitive clue to the diagnosis.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I will see my doc on friday. The left foot/ankle swelling has been for a month or so. Is it possible
my blood pressure meds are not working on my
fluid buildup?I was taking an 80mg aspirin but I
stopped. Should I continue to take them?