Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

Ive had night sweats in my chest area for about 2 years. Now

I've had night sweats in my chest area for about 2 years. Now I have squeezing sensation in between my breasts, sometimes it leaves me numb in the area for a second or so. My heart also beats strangely in the periods when I have this, and it feels also as if there is pressure there. Pressure-squeezing-light numbness-strange irregular heartbeat. What can it be?
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

This is certainly not normal. Do you also experience breathing difficulty, sweating, nausea, anxiousness at that time? Do you have any other health issues at this time? When was your last blood test or cardiac work-up?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes I wake up suddenly because it feels as if I stopped breathing and that made me wake up. But it does not usually happen when I have those sensations. I have experienced night sweating in my upper chest area for a couple of years. I do not have other health issues that I know about. My blood test was about 3 years ago and was all clear and I've never has a cardiac work-up.It also is painful when I touch my ribs under my left breast and the center of the sternum is also a bit painful to touch.
Thank you for the information.

I am sorry to hear about your symptoms.

Based on your description, you are experiencing pressure/squeezing sensation in your chest along with abnormal heartbeat sensation. These symptoms should not be taXXXXX XXXXXghtly at all. This can be due to heart related problem such as arrhythmia or angina. However, the the pain in your ribs does not go along with this line so another possibility of costochondritis or muscle pull must be considered. I personally feel that you definitely need a proper evaluation to rule out cardiac issues, but there is a good chance tat it is just a minor issues like costochondritis/musculosekeletal pain. As per the standard protocol, you will have to visit your doctor ASAP or ER for proper cardiac work-up. You will need blood test and EKG initially to assess this problem. Even 24 hours holter monitor and stress test can be consider to pinpoint the cause. Based on the finding you will be guided further.

Please let me know if you have any other question.
You can read more about these problems from these links:

Thank you for visiting justanswer.
Take care