Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

I have really bad headaches and take fioricet and stadol ns.

I have really bad headaches and take fioricet and stadol ns. The problem is that no doctors in Arizona want to prescribe it but it really works. I was wondering what you suggest doing for my tension and migraine headaches.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

How do you take these meds? Are you taking any meds on a regular basis to prevent headache?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I take firoicet on a daily basis and I take 10 mg of maxalt when I feel a bad migraine coming on and then I use the stadol nasal spray for my headaches when there bad.
Thank you for the information.
There are many treatment options for these kind of headache, but everyone does not respond similarly, so you will have to try few other available option to manage your symptoms. Considering your history of headache, you need medication for acute headache, and also medication for preventing headache in their frequency and severity in near future. I see that you have already used some of them, but you can try other meds as well. For acute pain, you can take any OTC/prescription pain meds, or even a combination of pain meds such as excedrin, Imitrex/maxalt/Axert. The preventive meds include: Inderal, Verapamil, amitriptyline, nortriptyline or other SSRIs. Medications like valproate, topiramate, and gabapentin have been also effective in reducing frequency of headache. You can discuss all these options with your doctor and choose an appropriate one. Just make sure that you need to take preventing meds on a regular basis to reduce frequency and severity of your headache.

Please let me know if you have any other question.