Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hi my belly button has pus coming out of it and is deep red

Hi my belly button has pus coming out of it and is deep red and itchy for about a month now also my stomach is achy and the last 2 days a big red ring has appeared around my belly button about one and half inches away from my belly button
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.

Before this began, did you have a lump in the area? What did you mean by your stomach being achy?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, no lump. below my navel and more to the right side it's a dull pain
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK--if there is pus leaking then obviously you have an infection there, probably a boil that has begun draining. Usually that alone will allow this to resolve and heal, but with the spreading redness you describe, there's also infection in the skin and that is worrisome since nothing you do for it yourself is likely to resolve this. You need to have your doctor look at this because you'll need antibiotics to eradicate the spreading infection before you begin to have systemic symptoms like fever and malaise since that would be a very serious situation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
could it be anything to do with the top end of bladder(urachal) or could it be anything like cancer. i've been reading things on internet, i know you shouldn't.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
No, not cancer and not related to the bladder or a urachal cyst. Just an infection that sometimes occurs.