DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Training in all aspects of health care, complementary and alternative medicine, prevention, health.
24257177

What is the fastest way to rid your body of THC.

Customer Question

Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 2 years ago.
Hello
There is no quick fix.
Once you are not exposed, it is going to take a week to a month to clear it out depending on your level of exposure.

For any detox process a nutrient dense diet is supportive..not that it will speed it up, but hat you will reverse problems it has created.

Other than that, rest, exercise, sunlight, etc.

Use reply if you need to clarify

Please don't forget to complete the answer process so I am credited for work and expertise. Even after we are done come back if you need to. Positive/excellent feedback the best! Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

Expert:  Chris C. replied 2 years ago.
I assume this is for an upcoming test?

THC is fat soluble (hydrophobic oil) so unfortunately there is no quick way to rid your body of THC. An increase in metabolic rate will turn over fat cells quicker. This can be achieved by an increase in physical activity, most importantly weight training. Eating less calories than your body burns causes fat cells to be burned by your body to use for energy. Stick to low cal diet and fiber and exercise, this is the best way to increase THC removal. You will want to not exercise the day of the test since exercise causes more THC metabolites to be released from the body, and into the urine.

This exercise will help greatly leading up the the the day before and day of when dilution is the key for a urine test. It has been suggested by many that if you consume 1 gallon of water the day before and then again on the day of the THC level can be "softened" and allow a borderline pass/fail to go through. Also, in the two days prior it is important to take a good B supplement. The day of will also be more likely to be a pass if you consume some type of diuretic (cup of coffee, red bull, etc.)
Expert:  Andy PhD DABT replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry but I must disagree with medtech254, DrThomas is correct in that you can not speed up the removal of THC from your body. The only way to pass a test is to not take in THC. I am sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for, but it is the truth. There is a lot of hype about exercise and drinking lots of water, especially on YouTube. While drinking large amounts of water will lower the concentration of THC in your urine it will also lower the concentration of creatinine and the specific gravity of you urine which are tested for in sample validation tests. In other words drug labs already know about this trick and test for it, it will not help you pass, but could invalidate your test which could mean that you have to retake the test. If you intentionally try to adulterate your urine sample and they figure it out, which they likely will, you could get in trouble depending on why you are taking the test in the first place. It is not simply take this test and if you pass you are fine. If you intentionally alter the test and get caught you will get in trouble, there are consequences for that.

Your best option is to not take in THC. Your worst option is to try to adulterate your sample and get caught.

I hope this helps,if you try to trick the test and get caught you might get into more trouble than if you just have a positive test depending on why you are taking the test.

Take care,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As far as I know, They only test for dilution at the same time. It will not be sent to a lab unless I fail and say I shouldnt fail. I'm 5'-8" 140 lbs muscular build. I think my body fat is below normal. That should he'll. In regard to the exercising, it seems to be plausible that that would help in the thc removal by lowering body fat.
Hello
When is you test
When was the last use?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Test is in 6 days. Last use was 3 days ago.
OK
Urine test or other?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Urine test
OK
Usually the urine test will detect up to 7 days...unless you have had very heavy use, then up to a month.
If you have had mild to moderate use, one time use, then prbably about a week.

There is no way to speed this up..you can take measures for peace of mind but it does not work.

DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience: Training in all aspects of health care, complementary and alternative medicine, prevention, health.