Andy PhD DABT
Andy PhD DABT, Toxicologist
Experience:  Board certified with 17 years in research or consulting

RA - 211

Customer Question

When comparing the flow of lymph in the lymphatic system with the flow of blood in the circulatory
system, it can be said that the lymphatic system also
A. uses valves to prevent backward flow.
B. contains fluid that travels in only one direction.
C. uses a pump.
D. contains fluid that travels in a closed circuit.
2. When comparing hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, it can be said that
A. hemodialysis takes longer than peritoneal dialysis.
B. hemodialysis is a step closer to the need for transplantation compared with peritoneal dialysis.
C. peritoneal dialysis doesn't need a dialyzer to work, whereas hemodialysis does.
D. peritoneal dialysis involves the removal of blood from the patient.
3. The suffix -PARA means
A. blood condition.
B. labor.
C. to bear.
D. fallopian tubes.
4. Your brother develops a fever, extreme fatigue, and enlarged lymph nodes throughout his body. If his
illness is caused by a virus, the best treatment is
A. bed rest.
B. antivirals.
C. surgery.
D. chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
5. One of the distinguishing characteristics between HIV and AIDS is the
A. development of opportunistic infections.
B. types of treatment available.
C. length of time since the HIV infection.
D. mode of transmission of the HIV infection.
6. The period of time when the uterus returns to its normal size is the
A. ovulation.
B. luteal phase.
C. menarche.
D. puerperium.
7. What does dysuria mean?
A. Scanty urination
B. Difficult, painful urination
C. Without formation of urine
D. Excessive urination
8. All of the following except _______ refer to the female womb.
A. METR/O
B. HYSTER/O
C. PELVIC/O
D. UTER/O
9. A patient showing Kaposi's sarcoma is also likely to be infected with
A. Epstein-Barr virus.
B. HIV.
C. ARC.
D. Reed-Sternberg cells.
10. What does the combining form PHAG/O mean?
A. Swallow
B. Spleen
C. Protect
D. Lymph
11. Which is a condition of the male sex gland surrounding the urethra just under the urinary bladder?
A. Bulbourethritis
B. Cryptorchidism
C. Hypogonadism
D. Benign prostatic hyperplasia
12. What part of the brain is involved in control of antidiuretic hormone?
A. Hypothalamus
B. Hippocampus
C. Pituitary
D. Thalamus
13. Which combining form refers to the uterus or womb?
A. HYSTER/O
B. AMNI/O
C. SALPING/O
D. NAT/O
14. Spermatozoa are manufactured in the
A. seminiferous tubules.
B. prostate.
C. stroma.
D. vas deferens.
15. Uremia is the result of
A. a high concentration of nitrogenous wastes in the bloodstream.
B. toxic buildup of ketone bodies in the blood and urine.
C. reduced delivery of oxygen to tissues.
D. electrolyte imbalance in the intracellular body fluids.
16. The combining form GALACT/O means
A. chorion.
B. milk.
C. vulva.
D. ovary.
17. A procedure used to remove kidney stones by breaking them up in the urinary tract and allowing them
to wash out with urine is
A. lithopaxy.
B. lithotripsy.
C. ureterolithotomy.
D. nephrolithotomy.
18. Leukorrhea is a symptom of infection in which organ?
A. Intestines
B. Prostate
C. Kidneys
D. Vagina
19. The Papanicolaou test is used to detect
A. protein in the urine.
B. conization in situ.
C. minimal cervical dysplasia.
D. colonic polyposis.
End of
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Owen :

Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Dr. Owen :

I will opt out, sorry

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sure am till waiting
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi
Expert:  Andy PhD DABT replied 2 years ago.
1. A
2. C
3. C
4. A
5. A
6. D
7. B
8. A
9. B
10. A
11. D
12. C
13. A
14. A
15. A
16. B
17. B
18. D
19. C
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry i dont need this again ...the problem as been solved at 8;30pm thanks for ur care
Alright, sorry it took awhile for someone to respond. Hopefully next time we will be able to respond faster.

Good luck in your studies.

Take care,