Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
20297917

I have pain in my lower abdomen pelvic area and lower back

I have pain in my lower abdomen pelvic area and lower back which friends say is almost like contractions but Im not pregnant, but I keep having this urge to push and when I pee the urge to push is greater... What could be the cause of this?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 2 years ago.

What is your age?
Are you female?
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the worst pain you have ever had, what would you rate the pain?
Any nausea? Fever?
Are you urinating more frequently?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a female, age 23. my pain has been rating between 6-10. I have had nausea and I ran a little fever of 99.9. I cant stay warm at all and its 80* in my house, which I live in all the time. I am urinating a lot more and I when I pee I have like little blood clot things that come out but I have this urge to push worse when I urinate, however I feel the urge to push about ever 20 mins.
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 2 years ago.
Rachel,

While I cannot tell you with certainty unless examining you in person, your symptoms suggest that you may have a urinary tract infection or a kidney stone.
Both of these can cause blood in the urine, frequent urination, pain with urination, lower pelvic pain...

A kidney stone, however, is more likely to cause severe pain that starts in the back and radiates to the lower abdomen/pelvis/groin. It is often described as at least as bad as having contractions.

Given the severity of the pain you are having, I suggest that you go to the emergency room.
The treatment for kidney stones is typically to stay well hydrated and pain medication.
For urinary tract infections--antibiotics.

I hope that you feel better...please feel free to ask any follow up questions,

Dr Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience: Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is it possble that I could be having a tubal pregnancy, because I have notice that my boobs are a lot bigger than what they were and I lost 11 lbs but my clothes have been getting to small for me for the last 3 months, but all pregnancy test even by my drs have been neg? I have had a tubal pregnancy before but never felt like this.
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 2 years ago.
I am so sorry...I did not get a notice that you had posted another question.
If you had a tubal pregnancy, you should have a positive pregnancy test...

I hope that you are feeling better by the time you read this. Again, I am sorry I was not notified of your response/question.

Dr Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.