Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

My penis has retracted by at least 50% over the last 3 years. (Some p

Customer Question

My penis has retracted by at least 50% over the last 3 years. (Some percentage may be the "pouch".)

The retracting is actually painful at times, but this seems to be tapering off. I am left with excess foreskin and a stub. The girth seems reduced a bit as well.

The only thing I can attribute this to is a possible overdose of herbs mimicing viagra: cnidium monnieri & epimedium koreanun (HGW) mostly. In retrospect these may have been spiked, being Chinese sourced.

Had peyronies and seemed to have stuttering priapism along with this, but these have mostly subsided within the last year.
thx
Category: Health
Expert:  Urologist,M.D. replied 2 years ago.
Hello there,
Please be patient, as I may be in the operating room, with a patient, or driving but will get back to you ASAP.
Your penis has likely retracted for a couple of reasons. One may be increased fat in the supra pubic area. This always gives the impression of smaller penis size. The reason maybe fibrosis and scarring from the priapism. This is a hard problem to fix as we really do not have good medications of surgeries for this. It like is more of the first issue I mentioned. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Frankly, no help at all.

The retractions I am referring to are very acute at times with a constantly shorter "moving average" length. This is distinct from any pouch/ additional fat.

Let me also amend the initial report to "overdoses". I am concerned that I have the "permanent injury" referred to in the ED med commercials. Please be specific about this.

Also - my research on stut. priapism has turned up baclofen as a possible aid. Any ideas?

Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, still looking to pursue this.

To clarify: "acute pulsating retractions". Some sort of enzyme/co-factor imbalance?

Thank you. You can see where this would be a problem.

Thank you. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly. Please do not respond to this as it will prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. Thank you.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 2 years ago.
The other expert has opted out and I woud be glad to help you. Please let me know the following:

Do you have normal erections now?

Have you noticed prominent veins in your penis?

Are you diabetic and hypertensive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi.

Relatively normal but so-so erections, mostly arginined up, but limited usefulness do to extremely short at this point. Very immediate loss of erection after release. Often overnight with/without urination.

No particular veining at all.

Been fighting Type 2 for about 12 years with diet and supplements including as noted above for better erections. Just started metformin about 4 months ago. Look to be in good shape appearance- wise, not seriously overweight.

Last two BP's : 130/68 Feb. and recently 138/88. Stressful bus days make quite a difference.

Thank you very much for your input here.

Thanks for all that helpful information.

The type 2 could be partly responsible for most if not all your symptoms.

You should urgently get a penile ultrasound doppler study, the best way to assess the arteries of the penis to exclude type 2 related arterial narrowing and thickening that could prevent erections to continue normally.

if the doppler shows that the arteries of the penis in fact show changes of narrowing, you would need medicines to maintain adequate blood supply. Normal penile blood flow is very essential for maintaining an erection.

There may also be other problems like dilated veins inside the penis known as varicocele. So, please get the ultrasound study done at the earliest .

If you have any further question, please get back to me.

I hope my answer is helpful to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Bora,

Erections, strictly speaking, are not the problem. The abnormal retraction of the penis into the pelvis, at times painfully - is. And assumed related stuttering priapism. Are you considering the enzymatic / chemical type causes for this. Any guidance on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

You perhaps meant the herbs like cnidium monnieri & epimedium koreanun .Now, there are no such documented studies done on the role of herbs because these are not FDA approved products and we really do not know what side effects they can have on the muscles and tissues of the penis.

Another thing is that you had peyronie's disease where there is excess scar tissue built up, this can be a good reason for the spontaneous retractions. The painful retractions have indeed been associated with peyronies disease.This disease can even reduce the blood flow to the penis by constricting the arteries.

This condition can be treated by injecting enzymes like collagenase or interferon to break down the fibrous tissue.

Please talk to an urologist.
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.
Thank you for the accept and the bonus.

If you have any new questions for me, please request me in the question title as Dr. Bora.