DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

Hello, I was out tonight drinking alcohol and I wonder if

I was out tonight drinking alcohol and I wonder if I can take some aspirin as I am home now cos of pain in my shoulder. What about Iburpen tablet? I am concerned because aspirin can affect liver after alcohol?
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello
The pain problem here is the possibility of bleeding in the stomach.

Tylenol has the problem of liver toxicity so that would need to be very cautious as well.

The main point here would be why is your shoulder hurting, and if you do not know, you should have an exam an find out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have always had a pain in my shoulder and I manage it fine but when drinking alcohol and it just makes worse.
yes well any pain relieve is going to have problems with alcohol

Both interactions, NSAIDS or tylenol have the waring to generally avoid with alcohol.

so under your physicians monitoring only.

Please don't forget to complete the answer process so I am credited for work and expertise. Even after we are done come back if you need to. Positive/excellent feedback the best! Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas