Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

So after all this I got some kind of cold runny nose and sinus

Customer Question

So after all this I got some kind of cold runny nose and sinus pressure .. Which is now causing me anxiety or making me worry .. My heart rate seems to stay between 90 and 108 unless I am laying down or when I wake up its 67 .. My blood pressure is up to like 140 87 is it possible I've got some infection that the ER is missing or is this just results of my anxitey acting up cause I have new symptoms ie. the cold .. I almost went to hospital last night cause of my heart rate and I had like a little headache .. Please give me so advice on what to do .. I only take 1 Xanax .5 mg a day should I take more then one ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.

Unless you had a fever, a cold or a sinus infection wouldn't cause the rise in heart rate. The blood pressure is probably elevated because of the elevated heart rate but neither of them is worrisome. I can't tell you to take your Xanax in any way other than the way it's been prescribed.