A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have a sick to my stomach feeling most of the time after

I have a sick to my stomach feeling most of the time after I eat. This has been going on for about 9 months. I had an upper gi and a colonoscopy but they found nothing. Whats wrong with me??
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Have you tried something milder than Prilosec like Zantac or even Tums? You may just have an acid problem. Some foods can also make that worse such as fried or greasy foods, citrus, chocolate, caffeine, peppermint, and some people have a problem with anything carbonated. With an upper GI that shows no erosions or ulcers, it isn't a serious problem from a health standpoint, but one that you want some help with because you are uncomfortable. I would try the elimination diet and start with just Tums after meals to see if that will help you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm so confused about what this is and am a little scared that it is something more serious since its been so constant over 9 months time. Could it be related in your opinion to perimenapause?

I doubt it is related to menopause. More likely to irritable stomach and perhaps an anxiety issue. Since nothing was found in upper or lower GI, you know that it isn't anything serious, just uncomfortable.