Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

are human feces suppost to be totally round or can there be

are human feces suppost to be totally round or can there be a little variation? Mine sometimes appear to be a bit flat but seem to be normal diamater etc.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 2 years ago.
Hello JA customer, I am happy to help you today.

How is your bowel habit?

Do you have constipation or loose stool?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry for the delay, sometimes i have loose stool sometimes im a little constipated
Thanks for getting back to me again.

You see, the shape is not as much significant as the color and the consistency of the stool. Like if you are having a hard stool, it means you are taking less amount of water and less fiber in your diet.

If you have loose stool, this may be due to indigestion and you should avoid fatty and fried foods and stick to bland diet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so flat stools dont really mean much?
If your stool is consistently flat known as a "flattened stool", it may have significance.
This is sometimes seen in association with polyps in the colon or some other condition which my be causing obstruction to the normal passage of the stool.

If you have a regular flattened stool, please see a GI specialist. You may need a colonoscopic evaluation.
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is the normal length of an adult male liver and is 17cm count as enlargement
Normal length of the liver is approx. 15 to 16 cm depending on height, weight, gender.
A count of 17 cm is mild enlargement of the liver.
This may be due to :

1.fat deposition known as hepatic steatosis
2. due to alcohol intake causing liver disease
3. due to inflammation of the liver cells due to various causes like viral hepatitis an so on.
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
also im on .05 mg of klonopin twice a day. Should I be taking this since my liver is enlarged?
You can take klonopin at his dose as it is not directly hepatotoxic but the sedation may be increased if you have severe liver disease. So, get the liver function test done.
Be sure to talk to your doctor about this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a lft 2 mos ago before starting klonopin and it was normal, but my doc says that I could possibly have NASH and sometimes liver enzymes ar not elevated
Yes, i agree to that. NASH is a frequent cause of liver enlargement. If your LFT was normal, the enlargement is nor worrisome.Check your blood cholesterol and get an ultrasound of the liver done to look for NASH.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i had one and they told me the only way to tell is get a biopsy. So klonopin shouldnt hurt my liver at my dose
It should not but better get a recent liver function test done. You can try to take klonopin at a still lower dose like 0.25mg if the liver enzymes are raised.
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor