Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I got sun poisoning on Monday (its now Friday) with the usual

I got sun poisoning on Monday (it's now Friday) with the usual symptoms, extreme dizziness, I threw up, chills, excessive deep sunburn, water blisters, etc. Needless to say, my week's been not fun. Finally, today, I am starting to peel and it doesn't bring me to tears to change shirts. I've been taking ibuprophen for the pain for the last 2 days, and this morning I woke up to the inner part of my eyes being VERY swollen. From under my eyebrows down the bridge of my nose is swollen out towards my eyes, to the point where it's a chore to keep my eyes open. I've been putting extra virgin organic coconut oil and some aloe lotion on since Monday. Idk what's going on, and it's scaring me. Should I go to the doctor?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 4 years ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

Do your eyes hurt?

Customer:

Not really, no. They just feel very tired.

Customer:

A disclaimer, my eyes do not normally swell when I'm tired or have been crying. That's why I'm concerned.

Dr Brims :

I see, you definitely need to see a doctor then, it may be an infection

Dr Brims :

I think you should go today

Customer:

I just recently got insurance, so I don't have a regular doctor yet. Is it acceptable to go to an urgent care type place?

Dr Brims :

Yes, actually an urgent care would be the best place for you to go, less wait time and less expensive than an ER

Customer:

Ok. Thanks so much.

Dr Brims :

You' re welcome

If you have other questions at another time you may request me by starting your question with Dr Brims .

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic.

If not, you may click the ACCEPT button to end this session