Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Im talking to this indivdual and i want to have sex with her,

Customer Question

Im talking to this indivdual and i want to have sex with her, nevervous n she is too!i have gentile warts,i will being a rubber if we do have sex!Whats the worst thing that can happen?
Category: Health
Expert:  Chris C. replied 4 years ago.

medtech254 :

The worst case is that the condom breaks and direct contact is made. While having sex with a condom greatly lessens the chances of passing genital herpes it does not eliminate it 100%. This chance is higher if there is a break out and other sexual activities are performed other than straight sex. (mutual masturbation, etc)

medtech254 :

With a condom the chances are low that the herpes would be passed along especially is you are being properly medically treated with medication for the herpes.

JACUSTOMER-qkg6fpzd- : right a minute u said herpes
JACUSTOMER-qkg6fpzd- : what if i put on my medicine that freeze up the warts would i b able to have sex?can i eva have kids
medtech254 :

Excuse that mistake. For some reason I had herpes on the mind and typed it by mistake.

medtech254 :

If you freeze the warts off the virus is still present and can be passed.

medtech254 :

But

medtech254 :

With a condom the chances of passing the warts is very low.

JACUSTOMER-qkg6fpzd- : how would i b able to have kids
medtech254 :

As far as kids go the answer is yes you can. However, with straight sex and no condom there is a high rate of the virus going to your mate.

JACUSTOMER-qkg6fpzd- : Can i have kids one day
medtech254 :

Artificial insemination

medtech254 :

Yes you can have kids.

medtech254 :

Just a sec and I will give you some details on that.

medtech254 :

The following links will address the issue of having kids if one party has genital warts:

medtech254 :

http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic114550.html

medtech254 :

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/pregnancyandchildbirth/204564.html

medtech254 :

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/155236.php

medtech254 :

That should shed plenty of light on the issue of kids.

medtech254 :

I hope I have answered your questions.

Expert:  Family Physician replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question:

I would like to add some additional information regarding transmission of genital warts. There are dozens of different strains of HPV, the virus that causes genital wart (and cervical cancer). A vaccine is available that reduces the risk of transmission of the 2 strains that are responsible for the majority of genital warts and the 2 strains most commonly associated with cervical cancer.

Your partner should be vaccinated with this vaccine (Gardasil) to reduce the risk of transmission. This would be particularly useful if you were infected with the specific strains in the vaccine.