Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

Hello, i had a question about abdominal pain and was hoping

Hello, i had a question about abdominal pain and was hoping to get a second opinion on it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

How long the pain is there?

Where in the abdomen?

Any test or treatment taken?

Is there any previous disease?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, sorry, are you still around. I was chatting with another expert, but i welcome another opinion.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I am on line.

Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well, i asked this question and had a chat, but i wouldnt mind another, if you were willing, although, im a bit obsessive at this point, i would still benifit from it.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Please reply to the questions, I asked in my first response.

How long the pain is there?

Where in the abdomen?

Any test or treatment taken?

Is there any previous disease?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yesi will show you a pic that shows the pain.

http://imgur.com/ZJQFe

No test done, and it has been something i have lived with, off and on, for about 2 years now. Monday night, however, I had nausea, headache, weakness and shakyness, and it flared up again over night, and has been on and off the last 3 days now, although the headache and other symptoms have mostly gone. Maybe a little nausea occasionally still, but much better then Monday night. I still worry about the pains, and specifically apendicitus, but that is my phobia, as im prone to anxiety.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Do you feel any mass or lump there?

How is the tenderness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not feel any mass or lump, and while it can be sore, or feel a bit burning in there at times, i can push around the area without realy any noticable escalation of pain. I can walk and jump up and down as well, i would say it varies from 0-3 on the pain scale of 1-10. The last three days, its been more 2-3, and seemingly worse around 3 hours after eating and early in the morning, just when i wake up. But its a bit inconclusive. Right now, i feel some if it around my right hip area, the green color from the picture, a soreness, maybe a 1 or 2, but i can hop up and down and press in that area and release quickly without noticable escalation of pain, seems unchanged. I feel a little bit weak still, but not extremely so, and when i took my temp it was currently 97.3 (strangely low?)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the site malfunctioned, so I apoligize if this is a double post.

I do not feel any mass or lump. I can press around the area without any noticable escalation of pain, even when releasing quickly, ( i just did so) but afterword, i do perhaps feel a but more coldness in the area, like i irritated it a little. Right now as I type this, I feel some soreness in the green area of the picture. Maybe around a 1 or 2 on the 1-10 pain scale. The pain sense is always around a 1-3, and sense monday night, its been off an on, hovering around a 2-3, seemingly worst around 3 hours after eating, and when i first wake up in the morning. Not conculsive, but usually. I have slight nausea, but nothing like monday night. Also slight fatigue still. I just took my temp and it was 97.4 ( perhaps oddly low?) I can mostly function normally, jumping and walking. Just did 5 jumping jacks.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information,

The pain at this lower right side can come from appendicitis (if not operated already), urinary infection, stone , colitis, pinched nerve, muscle strain etc.

In appendicitis the pain typically starts around the umbilicus, then it shifts to the right lower quadrant.

Low grade temperature, nausea are the usual symptoms of appendicitis.

With your history it does not seem to be due to acute appendicitis.

When it is present since there would have been lump or mass formation.

You might be having other causes like an intestinal infection, often viral.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you speak a bit more about the mass or lump that would be present? I had not heard that before. Would I feel it? Also, based on my picture, is that the location of appendix pain? Can it be low, almost groin, like the red of the picture? What is the main thing you think indicates its not accute appendix? Just curious. My intuition makes me thinks its somehow colon related, but I dont know.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Mass or lump are more like feeling of tumor.

The position can be low as appendix position varies widely.

It does not seem like appendicitis as your pain is getting less.

Colon may be related as you thought of.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u. I will try and relax a bit. Would 3 days be an unusual amount if time for it not to be getting worse? Just curious. Thanks again
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
In 3 days or 72 hours, it usually gets worse.

Please do not worry, you should relax.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience