DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

I am curious as to how much time it will take with my spending

I am curious as to how much time it will take with my spending time with a doctoral student, at the VA, who is presently counseling on what I see as two main areas of consideration. One, trying to get me to see things as not as much in a black and white situation, with no gray areas in between, and Two, helping me in that I still think about and talk to my mother who died many years ago.? It should be noted that I have schizo-affective disorder.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

How much time will it take for what?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
To see things in the gray areas. I do not hope for much time in relieveing the situation as far as my mother goes. I am a 100% service-connected disabled vet.
Such therapy , depending on the goals and the individual can take months to years.

It is not that is somehow instantly cures skizoaffective disorder, but helps with thought processing, coping skills, and psychological integration...this is a highly variable process in terms of time and highly individualized.

You should ask the therapist specifically what time course he things based on assessment.

Please don't forget to complete the answer process so I am credited for work and expertise. Even after we are done come back if you need to. Positive/excellent feedback the best! Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites