I am having some stomach, abdominal issues and was hoping to

I am having some stomach, abdominal issues and was hoping to talk about it. Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  NURSE KAREN replied 4 years ago.
hi. sorry you are not feeling well, what type of problems are you having?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well, my history is probably important to this, but starting monday night I started to feel nauseas and had a headache and felt weak. The headache started small, but after a couple hours grew into a big one. This came with the nausea and the shaky/weak feeling. Later in the night, i got stomach pains, like on and off, burning/sore sensation that would come and go. sometimes around the belly button, and often around the right side. I also went to the bathroom more then normal, but no diarhea. By morning, the nausea was mostly gone, but the headache was still there. Eventually, that faded and i was left kinda weak all day, and ate late, but still had the pains in my lower abdoman. They would come and go, and move around a bit, but generally on my lower right side, sometimes very low, like almost groin area. I could push around with my hand, and there wasnt any major pain, and i could move around, walk, jump and stuff, maybe a 3 at the strongest on a 1-10 scale. Mostly I slept a lot and was tired. Yesterday and today, more feeling weaker then normal, but a bit better each day, but I still deal with the stomach pains, like today, I feel like it comes generally about 3 hours after eating, a soreness and a burning, around where my colan seems to be, lower right side. I never had a fever any of the days. I have a bit of a history of this pain going back 2 years, with it coming on for a few weeks, then fading and not having it for a few weeks, then it comes back. This week was a bad episode of the pains though. Thanks for any feedback.

with a long history of this, what kind of tests have you had? have you been diagnosed with any stomach disorder? are you on any stomach medications?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no medicines, allthough in the past I felt like probiotics and a restricted diet helped. Rich, fatty food seemed to make things worse, or things like red meat, if I had too many burgers, and of course stress. I went to a couple doctors, and they would examine me and I had a couple blood tests, and they didnt find anything accute at the time, but recomended further testing, which I never pursued. I have always been afraid of apendicitus, and I still fear this, as its in the spot they tell you too look for, but other symptoms seem less likely, as its gone on too long, and the pain comes and goes, and i dont have a fever, and i can press around without extreme pain. So i dont know, but its probably something related to my colon.

i would recommend you follow up with the further testing. it could be something as simple as gas pains or as serious as diverticulitis or anything in between.

there are a couple different classes of over the counter medications that may help with the symptoms of burning, nausea. there are the H2 blockers (zantac, pepcid) and the PPI meds (prilosec, prevacid). i would start with an H2 blocker to see if you get any relief.

knowing that certain foods make it worse, you would need to avoid those foods.

i agree about the appendicitis, it is not likely you have an acute case of this, but there could be some irritation there or it could be coming from the gallbladder (although that is not the usual area of pain for gallbladder).

in any scenario, i certainly do think getting follow-up with a GI doctor is the most appropriate thing for you to do. hope this helps!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when you say some irritation there, what does that mean exactly? How would appendicitus usually present if I walked into the office?
just that you could have a slight inflammation of the appendix. this is unlikely as the inflammation usually progresses to become severe (or acute) and would lead you to seek emergent services. the symptoms are similar to what you describe--a pain sometimes starting in navel area, moving to right lower abdomen, tenderness to abdomen, nausea, vomiting, low grade fever, diarrhea, abdominal swelling.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how long would it normally take to progress to a sever state? its been about 3 days now, and while its sore at times, and can be uncomfortabe, i would not say its an emergancy situation, or im not writhing in pain. And no fever, diarrhea, or abdominal swelling. And i can touch my stomach, How hard would you normally have to press?
it usually is progressed within 24 hours if it is going to be an acute attack. if it becomes acute, you will know it, typically there is very severe pain, vomiting, and very tender. as i said, it does not sound like an acute attack of appendicitis, but with all your symptoms you should have further testing to determine what the cause is.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank so much for being paitent. Does it sound like I may have had a virus on monday night?
yes, that is certainly possible, but due to your history of problems i would still think further testing is needed to rule out any serious issues.