DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

i get a sensation in my mind of everything moving fast. lyrics

i get a sensation in my mind of everything moving fast. lyrics from music are spoken fast. slow precise movements like reaching for a pen feel fast. my breathing and heart rate feel normal. this sensation only occurs a couple of times a year, and last 5-15 minutes. it usually occurs when im alone, during intense concentration or repetition, or listening to fast paced music. i have a strange sensation in my mind, i can feel a build up to it and can feel it going away. it also feels as if i can extend the duration of it. i remember having these feelings as a kid around age 7-10. then maybe around age 14-22 i had none. i am a 30 year old male now and have had this sensation 2 times in the past 6 months. i am not afraid of this nor have any feelings of anxiety, i sort of enjoy it. i am just wondering what is the cause. i have read forum posts with answers that very from dehydration to seizerus.
Hello from JA
True it is possible that it is nothing...something we don't have an explanation for.

But some seizure disorders can have very subtle symptoms like this.

It would not be dehydration unless you were really dehydrated.

Seizures could indeed come only infrequently.

If this is getting more frequent [which it has] then a simple neurological exam and EKG could be a good idea.

You might want to see a neurologist for this.

Use reply if you need to clarify

Please don't forget to complete the answer process so I am credited for work and expertise. Even after we are done come back if you need to. Positive/excellent feedback the best! Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks for your fast reply. im guessing this is so uncommon it would be hard for the medical field to do any type of extensive research on it. if i ever won the lottery i would pay millions to have an mri team on call to view my brain. it just feels as if my brain would light up like a christmas tree. im also guessing that it is unpractical for someone having a seizure to have a brain scan. thanks again.
Temporal lobe seizures are not that uncommon, but they are commonly missed if not carefully tested for.

You don't have a brain scan, you have an EEG and you do not have to be having an episode for it to be useful.