Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I woke this AM and was fine. About 15 minutes ago my eye got

I woke this AM and was fine. About 15 minutes ago my eye got blurry and turned completely red. It looks awful it hurts a little but that might just be in my head because it looks so bad. I had a change in environment coming by car to AZ from WI 2 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you have itching, pain, discharge, rawness, and tearing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there was like a little film over it> It does not itch and is not tearing just red maybe stings a little
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
Based on your description, you seem to have pink eye associated with little discomfort. You have minimal symptoms because you just got it, you may develop other eye symptoms over few hours to days if left un treated. There are many possible causes for pink eye, some of the common causes are: bacterial infection, viral infection, allergy, chemical irritation, and foreign body. Depending upon the cause, your symptoms may vary such as thick discharge is seen in bacterial infection, itching and tearing in allergy whereas watery discharge in viral infection. Since you eye is bright red, it could also be a case of subconjunctival hemorrhage, which can be associated with violent coughing/sneezing/heavy lifting/vomiting/roughly rubbing your eye/ severe eye infection. Since the diagnosis can be made by a clinical examination only, I suggest you to visit your doctor for proper management.

Please let me know if you have any other question.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
You can get more information about these issues from here:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pink-eye/DS00258

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/subconjunctival-hemorrhage/DS00867

Take care