Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

How to stop or treat stomach gurgling, bubbling.It has also

How to stop or treat stomach gurgling, bubbling.It has also increased the need for me to do bowel movements as if a laxative was taken
How long has this been going on and have you seen a gastroenterologist for tests, scopings, and evaluation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
About 2 months
I did have a recent colonoscopy which was perfectly clear but have not seen any specialists.
How often do you have bowel movements and are they loose? You mentioned an ulcer--have you also had upper endoscopy and have you been screened for H pylori, the so called ulcer bug?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have not been screened for the ulcer bug-I was given antibiotics a few years ago by a doctor that had no clue how to treat it and had not had the screening done. I should probably have the screening.
Bowels movements are not loose except sometimes part at the end.
I did recently have an intense cough and had to take several cough/cold meds. Th cough still lingers and I thought that that was causing it originally
OK. There are a few possibilities here. Actually this could be from the Pepcid and Prevacid. Then, you could have H pylori and that needs testing for and treated with appropriate antibiotics if positive. Then this could be irritable bowel syndrome which is only diagnosed when all other causes are ruled out. Finally, it could be a malabsorption condition like celiac disorder. I personally would refer you to a gastroenterologist for the full evaluation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks -this was great
Any time--and you're welcome.